Occupational Health and Safety Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. O.1
O. Reg. 213/91: CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
Canada Labour Code Part II
Ontario Traffic Manual (OTM) Book 7 – Temporary Conditions.
The Highway Traffic Act.
Who needs this course?
Workers who are designing and sitting up temporary layouts in urban or rural roadways under construction. Workers conducting traffic volume surveys, surveyers and other roadside work should follow the Book 7 regulation.
Produced by the Ministry of Transportation, Book 7 was developed to help guide employers in the setup of traffic control devices in temporary construction, maintenance, and utility work zones.
1. Identify traffic and other related hazards in temporary work zones.
2. Identify legislation relevant to temporary work zones and list legislated requirements of traffic protection planning.
3. Describe the purpose, and composition of traffic protection plans and traffic control plans.
4. Identify and locate relevant sections of the Ontario Traffic Manual (OTM) Book 7 – Temporary Conditions Manual.
5. List the basic steps in planning for temporary work zones.
6. Identify the component areas of a temporary work zone, and explain the use of appropriate layout tables.
7. Identify principles and procedures required for the set-up, take-down and maintenance of a temporary work zone.
8. Develop a traffic control plan for a temporary condition work zone.
Duration: 4 to 5 hours.
Language option: English.