Bill 168, Occupational Health and Safety Amendment Act (Violence and Harassment in the Workplace) 2009
In June 2010, Bill 168 on workplace harassment and violence came into force. This new amendment to the Occupational Health and Safety Act represents a significant change in how workplace violence and harassment are regulated in Ontario. The Labor Tek course on Bill 168 has been specially designed to provide employers with an in-depth look into their responsibilities and the policies and procedures that they need to put in place in their workplaces.
Who needs this training?
All workers in Ontario need to know their rights and responsibilities and employers also must support Bill 168 in protecting their workers from workplace violence.
1. Understanding the implications of Bill 168 in your workplace – i.e. explore human rights in employment and clarify discrimination and harassment.
2. Recognizing hazards and signs of workplace violence and harassment.
3. Assessing risks factors associated with workplace violence and harassment.
4. Understanding the implications of domestic violence under the new law.
5. Distinguishing between employee’s and employer’s responsibilities.
6. Complying with the requirements as set out in Bill 168.
Duration: 3 hours.
Language option: English.