Most injuries with explosive-actuated tools are caused by accidental firing. Operators must handle the tool with the same dexterity and knowledge as for when using a handgun. This course is designed for participants to develop the correct operating procedures for handling, maintaining, firing and storing explosive actuated tools.
1. Understand the responsibilities of employers and employees.
2. Differentiate between the various powder actuated tools available.
3. Perform basic cleaning and maintenance of the tools and safe storage.
4. Fix a plank of wood to a slab of concrete with three different powder actuated tools.
1. CSA certified safety boots and eye protection.
2. Be dressed for outdoor hands-on training.
Duration: 4 hours.
Language options: English
NOTE: Training available for groups only