Chainsaws are considered by many as the most dangerous tool on the worksite. More than one-third of the injuries caused by chainsaws are to knees and legs. LaborTek Safety Training has built a course to teach workers about the dangers of misusing chainsaws and the appropriate use of the tool in various locations.
1. Understand the responsibilities of employers and workers.
2. Apply the legislation to case studies.
3. Identify the right personal protective equipment to wear when using a chainsaw.
4. Become conscious of all chainsaw hazards before they occur.
5. Perform basic chain sharpening and maintenance.
Duration: 4 hours.
Language options: English and French.